This has to be hands down my all time favourite smoothie! It’s even better when it’s dairy free, has a natural protein shot of LSA and medjool dates for a sweet, chewy surprise!
However, it’s the warmth from the spices, the cinnamon and in particular, nutmeg which evoke the senses with a nourishing reassurance.
This is a great way to use over-ripe bananas (which taste better) and can be frozen in advance.
For an extra special touch, chill and rim the glass with honey and freshly grated nutmeg….absolute bliss!
- 1 large banana (ideally frozen)
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1 medjool date
- 2 tbsp of coconut yoghurt
- 1 x tbsp LSA
- Drizzle of honey
- Sprinkle of cinnamon and / or nutmeg
- Blitz all ingredients in a blender until combined.
- Tip: Ensure milk is cold and in hot weather can include a few ice cubes in the blitzing process!