Start your day with a breakfast bowl packed full of nutrients for a healthy body and brain and get the green light to good health and a rocket-fuelled weekend!
The Green Breakfast Bowl combines kale and lots of it! Supercharged with a middle eastern twist and adorned with a cheats poached egg to ignite your palette and keep you satisfied through to lunch.
Follow the steps below and this delightful dish will be ready to indulge your senses alongside your favourite weekend read in under 10mins! Savour and enjoy!
- 1 cup of finely sliced kale
- 1 whole spring onion, sliced
- Handful of natural almonds
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- Sprinkle of pepitas
- 1 fresh egg
- Drizzle of coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 fresh avocado mashed
- 2tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Squeeze of lemon
- Prepare all ingredients and have on standby ready for use.
- To make green dressing, combine yoghurt and mashed avocado and blend well. Season to taste with salt, pepper and squeeze of lemon juice. Set aside.
- Place sufficient water, to cover one egg in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In fry pan, toast almonds, cumin seeds and pepitas until warm, remove from fry pan and set aside.
- When water comes to a boil, gently add in one egg and simmer for 4 mins (for a runny consistency, longer for hard boiled).
- Gently sauté the kale in the same fry pan used earlier and and add in chopped spring onion.
- By this stage the egg should be ready. Remove from heat and place egg in cup of cold water to halt the cooking process and makes the egg cool enough to handle.
- While this is happening, plate up the kale and drizzle on the dressing.
- Sprinkle the almond mix over the top leaving a small nest for the egg.
- Remove the egg from cold water and gently crack and start to remove the shell. Do this carefully and slowly and the egg should remain in tact.
- Place onto its bed of kale, top with green chilli and a final squeeze of lemon.