In the wake of so many amazing new super foods it can be somewhat challenging to make anything with lentils sound sexy and appealing! However, what this delightful salad lacks in name makes up for with tantalising taste and heartiness.
Granted it’s not your conventional leaf salad, but just as pleasing and one you’ll be adding to your repertoire this season. Furthermore, it is incredibly versatile and best of all loaded with fibre, essential nutrients, vitamins and an abundance of healthy fats.
Perfect served as an accompaniment to grilled fish such as salmon, chicken or other protein.
Be sure to give this a try!
- 1 cup of organic lentils, either soaked overnight or tinned variety’s work well
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of pepitas
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup of pistachios kernels, chopped
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- handful of cranberries or other dried fruit
- several springs of fresh mint, finely sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of raspberry wine vinegar (or whatever is in your pantry)
- salt and pepper to season
- Prepare all ingredients and place into a serving bowl
- Combine all dressing ingredients together in a jar or bowl and mix well
- Pour dressing over salad and gently combine
- Chill before serving, allowing the flavours time to meld