Putting bliss back into bliss balls! That’s what happens when you combine gooey medjool dates, aromatic coffee and decadently-bitter raw cacao!
I recommend using either a shot of coffee from your local cafe or simply brew your own for maximum impact. Coffee substitutes such as extracts or essences will work well too, however do carefully read the label for any additives or preservatives.
To beautify these jewels, I’ve used two coatings here. The first being raw cacao powder for the serious chocolate lover. The other, which I like to call fairy dust is two-toned desiccated coconut. One batch with pink dragon fruit powder the other with blue spirulina powder.
Makes approx 8-10 balls
- 18 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 shot of strong espresso coffee or 1-2 tsp of ground coffee
- 3 heaped tbsp of raw cacao powder (set 1 tbsp aside for coating)
- Take care to pit and roughly chop dates before blitzing in a food processor along with all other ingredients.
- Combine until ingredients resemble wet sand.
- Using a tablespoon, portion the mixture and roll into balls.
- Place remaining cacao powder in a small dish and roll each ball until well coated.
- Store finished Bliss Balls in an airtight container in the fridge until chilled.
Fairy Dust ingredients
- 1 tsp blue spirulina powder
- 1 tsp dragon fruit powder
- 4 tbsp of desiccated coconut
Simply make fairy dust in two batches. One pink, the other blue and then combine. Keep any leftovers in a sealed jar for use as a topping for yogurt or nice cream.