It’s hard to go past fresh salmon which have been responsibly sourced, oven-baked, served up on a bed of braised fennel and paired with fresh, green asparagus and classic flavors of lemon and dill-infused olive oil.
Fresh fish of any kind, particularly salmon, does not require a great deal of fuss or exotic ingredients to enhance the flavor, simplicity is definitely key! This versatile recipe is perfect for a week night meal, lazy week end lunch or spruced up for a celebration or family gathering.
- 4 fillets of fresh salmon
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 3 bunches of asparagus
- 2-4 sprigs of fresh dill
- Clove of garlic
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line two trays with baking paper.
- Finely slice fennel and place in a fry pan and sauté in olive oil.
- Place salmon on one of the lined trays, drizzle with olive oil and place in oven to bake for approx. 7-10 mins depending upon the size of the fillets and the temperature of your oven.
- Place the dill, clove of garlic, sprinkle of salt and pepper and remaining oil in a small food processor and blitz.
- Prepare asparagus by removing the woody ends and place on the second baking tray, drizzle with olive oil.
- Place asparagus in the oven to bake for approx. 5 mins.
- When fish is cooked to your liking remove from oven and set aside to rest.
- Arrange sautéed fennel onto a serving dish and gently place salmon on top.
- Arrange the asparagus onto the serving dish and generously squeeze the juice of one lemon.
- Finish off by drizzling the dill infused oil over the entire dish.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and serve.