Who doesn’t love a big salad? Especially when it’s full of flavour and so good for you! This is a great recipe, served warm or chilled which can be substituted with any number of your favourite root vegetables, fresh greens, herbs or nuts you have on hand in the crisper or cupboard.
- Half a cauliflower, sectioned
- Half a pumpkin, chopped into large cubes
- Fresh fennel, sliced
- Eggplant, chopped into large cubes
- 1 red bullhorn chilli
- 1 large cup of Spinach leaves
- 1 handful of pepita’s or pumpkin seeds
- Sprinkle of chia seeds
- Fresh parsley & mint
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Prepare cauliflower, pumpkin, egg plan, fennel and place into a large oven tray, cover with olive oil and place in pre-heated oven for 45 mins at 180 degrees.
- When cooked remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When cooled spoon into a large a serving bowl or plate. Add in spinach leaves and fresh herbs and gently combine. In a separate cup mix the vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper and pour over salad.
- Sprinkle onto the pepita’s and chia seeds.
Handy hint: Make a batch for the fridge and simply re-heat either in oven or in frypan as required.