Less is definitely more when it comes to this creamy, roasted cauliflower bake! With a nutrient and vitamin powerhouse like cauliflower, it is perfectly complimented with coconut milk to give the creamy taste – without the guilt!
This dish is a real family favorite and one I’ve been doing the same way for many years now. I’m sure once you try it, it’ll be one of yours too! The freshness and subtle flavors of the parsley and sage work well to provide a fleck of green and without overpowering the hero of the dish.
Should there be any leftovers, it refrigerates and freezes well so you can always have one ready to heat up. This dish is so simple and with so much flavor you’ll have everyone asking the recipe.
Perfect served as a side or as a star attraction for a light lunch.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely diced
- 250 ml tin of coconut milk
- 3-4 leaves of sage, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped, fresh parsley
- salt and white pepper
- 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare cauliflower by removing course outer leaves and wash thoroughly
- Cut into florets, including the stalk and some of the inner leaves
- Place into a pot of water, season and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and blanch for approx 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is par cooked
- Place cauliflower in a separate bowl together with onion and herbs
- Use a knife to coarsely cut down the cauliflower and mix lightly
- Add in the coconut milk and Parmesan cheese and season to taste
- Place into a lightly oiled or buttered baking dish
- Bake in a moderate oven for approx 25 min or until golden brown