Keep the home fires burning with this succulently moist chicken baked in lashings of smoky chipotle, paprika and maple syrup for an irresistibly sticky coating no one will mind getting their fingers messy with!
Use as much or as little of the chipotle as you can tolerate, either way you will think you’ve been transported to a smoke filled cantina off the sunny Mexican Coast.
If you’re looking for a little extra comfort food to serve with this dish, it partners perfectly on a bed of thick and (faux) creamy cauliflower mash.
- 4 pieces of chicken, Maryland style
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. of dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp. of chipotle powder
- 1 tsp of aniseeds
- 1 tbsp. of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 nob of fresh ginger grated
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh oregano leaves
- Juice and zest from one lemon
- Place chicken in a marinade dish or plastic bag. Sprinkle over salt and pepper and add smoked paprika, rosemary, chipotle, coconut sugar, aniseed, grated garlic and ginger minced.
- Allow to marinade for at least 30 mins or longer is preferred.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add chicken to a well-lined tray cook in oven for 1 and half hours. If you wish can cook longer just turn down the heat.
- Re-coat the chicken during the cooking time and 15mins prior to removing drizzle over maple syrup and sprinkle with oregano leaves.
- Remove from oven and give the chicken a final baste with the tray juices. Allow to rest for a minute or two.
- Apply a squeeze of lemon and a dust with lemon zest.
- Serve and enjoy!