Do you love classic French fries but watching your carbs? The glorious sweet potato comes to the rescue as a perfect alternative for the humble white spud.
Next time you’re at your local green grocer check out some of the new varieties; red, white and purple sweet potatoes and be sure to pop a few in your trolley. The different colours don’t necessarily cook up the colour they started, only adding to the interest!
This recipe is so versatile and a great base from which you can adapt for your next wheat-free nacho’s or cottage pie topping!
- 2-3 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- generous sprinkle of rosemary (either dried or fresh)
- 1/4 cup of coconut or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Peel and slice potatoes into your desired shape and place in a mixing bowl.
- Coat the slices liberally in the your oil of choice. Sprinkle over the rosemary, salt and pepper and add in the crushed garlic. Use your hands to rub in and massage the herbs and garlic helping to infuse the flavours in the oil and coat the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes onto the tray and place in the oven for approx. 30-40 mins.
- Cook till golden.