It’s time for a makeover and transform an everyday coleslaw into a slay slaw with new and fresh flavours of celeriac and tamarind! Whilst the ever-reliable coleslaw is perfect to whip up at a moments notice, take cabbage, carrots and dressing to a whole new level!
This recipe combines the slightly aniseed taste of celeriac, fresh mint and a sprinkling of dried fruits to combine beautifully with a tangy tamarind dressing that really does breathe new life into this delightful dish.
Serve as an accompaniment to a main meal or add in a protein of your choice to make it a meal on its own.
- 1/4 of fresh Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/4 of fresh red cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/2 of fresh celeriac, grated
- 3 or 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated
- Good handful of currants or cranberries
- Half cup of coconut cream
- 2 tsp of tamarind paste
- Several leaves of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Squeeze of lemon or orange juice
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp of seeds of choice, suggest flax seeds, sunflower kernels or chia seeds
- Add the finely sliced cabbages, celeriac, carrots and shallots to a mixing bowl
- Mix coconut cream and tamarind paste in separate bowl, add in a spritz of lemon or orange juice to taste
- Combine wet ingredients in with salad mix and combine
- Season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of seeds