Why eat out when you can whip up this all-time favourite sweet and sour at home? Lean and clean, pork tenderloin in a naturally sweetened and flavoured sauce.
Forget the gluggy, shop-bought sauce and try making your own from a few simple ingredients. You’ll fall in love with the combination of the coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar and fennel. This lovely and light sauce won’t over-power the flavours of the lean pork tenderloin. Combined with a colourful mix of vitamin-charged veggies, cooked just til al dente this dish will become your new Friday night favourite.
- Half of a lean pork tenderloin, finely sliced
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- 1/2 each of a red, green and yellow capsicum, finely sliced
- Half of a red onion
- Small carrot, julienned
- Sprinkle of fennel seeds
- 1 tsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- Half an apple, sliced into batons
- 2-3 tbsp. of water
- 1 tbsp. Sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a fry pan and add in the sliced pork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over fennel seeds and stir through.
- When the pork is sealed on both sides, add in the vegetables starting with the carrots and onions. Mix through and a few minutes after add the capsicums. Continue to stir ingredients gently.
- As the ingredients start to take on colour add the coconut sugar, vinegar and water and combine well.
- Turn the heat down allowing the dish to simmer gently and add in apple. Mix gently allowing the apples to warm.
- Allow to simmer and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds and green herb of choice and serve.