Healthy and nutritious, protein on a plate with this quick and easy meal to satisfy everyone in your family.
- 1/2 kg of chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup of macadamia’s, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 tspn of buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp. of coconut oil (for frying)
- 2 cups of kale, copped
- 1/4 cup of pomegranates (or dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Line two trays, each with baking paper.
- Prepare tenders by patting dry in paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Set aside.
- In one dish, crack and beat the eggs and in the other add in the coconut and almond meal and mix. Season the dry mix lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a plastic bag place the chicken fillets and toss over the flour and shake till all fillets are thoroughly coated.
- Start the coating process by taking one fillet at a time in the tips of your fingers and shake gently to remove any excess flour. Then drip the fillet into egg wash and coat evenly, then move across to the coconut and hazelnut meal bowl and coat liberally. Set aside on a tray.
- In a fry pan heat the oil til just sizzling.
- Start by adding the fillets and fry the fillets in batches til golden. Remove from heat and place on the baking tray.
- When all chicken tenders are cooked, place the tray in the preheated oven and cook for 8-10 mins or until cooked through.
- Prepare kale by placing on a second lined tray, toss over almonds, fennel seeds, pomegranates and a splash of olive oil.
- Place in the second rack in the oven and warm through for 5 mins.
- Remove both trays from the oven, combine, squeeze lemon juice over the top and serve.