If you haven’t tried chia seeds or quinoa, let alone dared think about what to do with them, read on, with the help of this tried and tested recipe you’re about to fall in love!
The great thing about breakfast pots aside from being super tasty is that you can whip up a batch and have a versatile and portable breakfast or snack alternative all throughout the week.
This recipe is dairy and gluten free and combines the immune boosting properties of chia seeds with fibre rich quinoa and coconut. Toppings are up to you! A few suggestions are shown below, so get creative and your family will thank you.
Makes approx. 6 individual servings (depending upon size of jars)
- 5 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. quinoa flakes
- 400 ml almond milk (or coconut)
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. of desiccated coconut
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place chia seeds, quinoa, milk, cinnamon, coconut and maple syrup into a container with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously.
- Store in the fridge for several hours or overnight giving the chia seeds enough time to swell. I like to give the container a shake from time to time, though it’s not essential.
- To serve, top with fresh fruit, nuts or seeds of choice.