For a vegan twist on the traditional Thai beef salad simply opt for a Thai Salad. You won’t miss meat with these gorgeous greens dressed in a punchy blend of spices sweet, salt and sour.
Quite frankly, sublime and … same-same but different!
If you’re looking to feed a crowd or an economical choice then you can’t go past an abundance of salad greens. Better yet you’ve got a bowl full of goodness with produce which boasts anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
This salad is perfect alongside a Vegan Caesar Salad.
- Large lettuce or 2 small (the cos variety lettuce work well)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 6 baby corn
- handful of green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup of broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 cup of bean sprouts
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely sliced
- 1 bullhorn chill, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup of cashew nuts
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp of vegan fish sauce
- 2 tsp of coconut sugar
- On a hot plate lightly grill the corn, beans and garlic in a little olive oil. Remove from heat and set aside when done.
- Assemble all salad greens in a serving bowl and top with the grilled corn and beans.
- To make the dressing; grilled garlic, chilli, lemon juice, vegan fish sauce and coconut sugar. Mix thoroughly and add 1-2 tsp of water .
- Pour dressing over the salad and top with cashews and a final spritz of lemon.